Foreign Nationals (FN) are defined as individuals who are not U.S. citizens or, regardless of citizenship, are representing a foreign government, foreign corporation, other foreign entity, or a foreign national doing business with a Department of Defense (DOD) component or contractor. This includes companies incorporated in the U.S, but under 51% foreign ownership, control, or influence. Such individuals require special approval before accessing Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Ft Story (JEBLC-FS), or restricted areas of the installation. Legal permanent residents (also referred to as immigrant aliens) with a lawful permanent resident card (Form 151) are not considered FN and may access restricted areas as any U.S citizen approved for base access.
There are two types of FN access; "Unofficial" and "Official."
Unofficial FN visitors are guest of military members. Access is limited to MWR facilities, and visiting residents.
Sponsoring Foreign National visitor(s):
· Military personnel and DOD officials who plan to host Foreign National guests overnight must have prior approval from Visitor Control Center (VCC)
· To initiate such approval: application must be submitted at least five (5) days prior to initial access date.
· Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the appropriate spreadsheet and instructions. Foreign National visitor(s) will receive a temporary visitor’s pass (if staying on JEBLC-FS lodging) not to exceed 90 days.
· Note: Access rosters submitted less than 5 business days will be reviewed on a case by case basis and will require direct and timely communications between the requestor and the Security Department Chain of Command. Ultimately, all untimely requests will adversely affect processing and distribution, therefore, resultant access control issues, (e.g denial of access) will not supersede normal vetting or security procedures and will be acted upon by the VCC in the order received.
Official FN visitors are those on official business who are sponsored for a specific purpose and duration by a JEBLC-FS organization or tenant command.
Sponsoring Official Foreign National visitor(s):
· Tenant Commands and Base affiliates who will be the sponsoring authority for the Foreign National guests must have approval from either the Installation Security Officer (ISO) or Precinct Commander. Official Foreign Visit Requests (with approved Case ID numbers), Invitational Travel Orders or official requests from NATO must be submitted for approval.
· To initiate such approval, application must be submitted at least five (5) days prior to initial access date.
· Once approved by the ISO or Precinct Commander, the request will then be forwarded to the VCC for processing.
· Official Foreign National Visitor(s) will receive a temporary visitor’s pass not to exceed 90 days.
· Note: After showing proper Foreign National Identification and receiving a temporary visitor pass, Foreign National guest may access the installation by the use of any open Access Point
· Note: Access rosters submitted less than 5 business days will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will require direct communications between the requestor and the Security Department Chain of Command(during normal business hours). Ultimately, all untimely requests will adversely affect processing and distribution, therefore any resultant access control issues (e.g. denial of access) will not supersede normal vetting or security procedures and will be acted upon by OPCON in the order received.
· Procedures for Foreign National Ship Visits
· A list of Foreign National crew members will be provided to VCC by the sponsor. This list will be used to grant access between the gate and the pier for crew members that require access to restricted mission related areas.
· All crewmembers that require mission related base access and pier access must be properly submitted to the ISO and/or Precinct Commander submitted five (5) days prior to initial date of access, to permit applicable processing and distribution. Once approved by the ISO &/or Precinct Commander, the request will then be forwarded to the VCC for processing.
Troubleshooting Foreign National visitor access
· Official Foreign National guest who require Installation access and the proper channels have not been followed.
A. Contact your local point of contact
B. Contact your Embassy