The Navy Community Service Program provides for volunteer support in five areas:
- Personal Excellence Partnerships: Partnerships between Navy commands and schools or youth organizations that focus attention on the scholastic citizenship development of youth.
- Health, Safety & Fitness: Initiatives that promote healthy, safe and fit lifestyles which may include sports and recreation programs, athletic events, nutritional and hygiene information, safety and health fairs, and other health-related projects.
- Environmental Stewardship. Programs and activities that promote the preservation and restoration of the environment through education programs and participation in environmental clean-up efforts.
- Campaign Drug Free: A drug demand reduction program that encourages Navy commands to address youth on the dangers of drug abuse and the importance of being drug free. Volunteers use professionally produced videotapes to convey a powerful anti-drug message.
- Project Good Neighbor: A year-round project that focuses on improving the quality of life for those less fortunate.
Military, DoN civilians and family members are encouraged to get involved with one or more of these programs. We are part of the communities we reside in.
If you are an organization seeking assistance from the Navy to support your project or event, contact the public affairs office at the installation nearest you.